GDCA appoints new senior management team
Glen Dimplex Consumer Appliances (GDCA) has announced a raft of new appointments to its senior management team.
The new members of staff, who come from roles at Aga Rangemaster, Black & Decker, Britax, O2 and Whirlpool, have been recruited by the company’s chief executive Andy Griffiths (pictured), who joined the business in late 2016.
They will spearhead a move to a more coherent management structure that will enable the Roberts, Morphy Richards and Glen Dimplex Home Appliances (Belling, Britannia, New World, Stoves and Lec) businesses to operate more collaboratively, said Glen Dimplex Consumer Appliances.
The new appointments to the management team are:
- Ian Greig, who joins as chief operating officer of Glen Dimplex Consumer Appliances, with responsibility for manufacturing and supply chain operations across all the brands within the division. He was previously group head of supply chain at Britax.
- Mark Davison joins the business in the newly-created position of managing director, Glen Dimplex Home Appliances. He will be responsible for driving the business to deliver its targets and ensure brands under his remit continue to prosper in the digital age. He joins from Aga Rangemaster, where he was sales and marketing director.
- Vicky Philemon has been appointed in the new position of managing director, Morphy Richards. She will help build on the success of the Morphy Richards business and drive further growth. Ms Philemon was previously vice-president for consumer products at Black & Decker.
- Harry Kyriacou joins as director, strategy and commercial excellence. He is responsible for creating synergies and execution across areas such as commercial policy, digital excellence and international expansion. Mr Kyriacou was previously at Whirlpool, where he was category director, dishwashing EMEA.
- Stephen Pilkington is appointed to the position of finance director, Glen Dimplex Consumer Appliances, with responsibility for driving the commercial performance of the business to achieve its overall objectives. Mr Pilkington joins from O2, where he was finance director, consumer division.
In a statement, the Irish-owned company said: “Challenging global conditions and fierce marketplace competition have led to a requirement for proven senior leadership – under Andy Griffiths – to bolster the company and ensure its products stay competitive and relevant to modern consumers.”
Said Mr Griffiths, chief executive of Glen Dimplex Consumer Appliances: “The first step in my strategy to deliver growth across all our brands is to bring in the best talent in the industry. With that senior leadership in place, our focus now is on invigorating our brands while continuing to transform Glen Dimplex Consumer Appliances into a modern, efficient business.”
The new appointments represent serious intent from Glen Dimplex’s Irish owners, who are committed to taking the company’s brands into wider global markets.
Mr Griffiths will work closely with the management team, taking added responsibility for Glen Dimplex Ireland and Glen Dimplex Europe, as he continues to streamline and grow the business internationally.