The winners of the 2015 Samsung Store of the Year competition were announced at an evening ceremony at The Gore Hotel in London’s Kensington, following the grand final, which took place in the Royal Albert Hall last month.
Twelve stores made it down to the final few and battled it out in a test of sales skills, in-depth consumer electronics product knowledge, merchandising and marketing know-how.
The winning stores were chosen from four categories – Scotland/The North/Northern Ireland, The Midlands/East Anglia, the South-East/South-West and London, and Samsung’s Blue Ribbon Premium Partners.
- RL Brooks, Whitehaven, Cumbria (Scotland/The North/ Northern Ireland);
- Hughes, Martlesham, Ipswich (The Midlands/East Anglia);
- Richer Sounds, Chelsea, London (The South-West/South-East/London);
- D&C Sound and Vision, Stockport (Blue Ribbon Premium Partners).
This year’s awards judging panel comprised ERT editor Sean Hannam and three Samsung UK representatives – Colin Rodgers, general manager, independents; Rob Smith, head of training for consumer electronics, and Nikki Berio, channel marketing manager.
Said Ms Berio: “This year’s competition was exceptional, and built on the calibre set last year. This event is about identifying and celebrating the retailing heroes of the independents – whose passion and drive for Samsung is unrivalled within the industry, and whose sales expertise and support of our brand is best-in-class among any retailer. All 2015 finalists should be applauded for this.”
- For more on the Samsung Store of the Year competition, see December issue of ERT, page 23