Independent electrical retailers association Retra has announced a one-day smart-home seminar, exclusively for its business proprietor members.
Taking place on February 21, the seminar is in association with UK smart-home distributor AWE and training company T21.
It will be hosted at AWE’s smart-home showroom at its headquarters in Epsom, Surrey, and is free to attend.
Attendees will gain an increased understanding of the growth opportunities available through the smart-home market.
The day will consist of workshops, presentations, demonstrations and discussions, all providing insight for business owners to enable growth, profitability and sustainability.
The day is made up of four sessions:
- The Definition of Smart Home –This session will provide a clear definition of smart home, will examine the differences between smart home and custom install, and will dispel a few industry myths.
- Adapting your Business for Smart Home – The second session will cover growth and value opportunities available in the smart-home industry. Attendees will be helped to craft a business strategy to maximise the benefits discussed during the day.
- Skills Workshop – Detailing the technical capabilities required, delegates will learn the subtle difference between the skills that are needed, and those that should be contracted out.
- Home Cinema & Connected Home Demonstration – The final session of the day will include a demonstration of a home cinema and other smart-home products, providing attendees with an understanding on how to provide a show-stopping customer demo.
Retra chief executive Howard Saycell said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for members who want to take action right now. There has been a lot of talk in recent years on the opportunities that smart home represents for businesses, but many of our members are understandably cautious. So this event brings experts together to provide business owners all the information they need to make informed decisions.”
- For more information, visit the Retra website here.