Smeg has said that the National Crime Agency (NCA) is leading a criminal investigation into the cyber-attack that forced the appliance maker to shut down all of its IT systems for most of last week.
The Italian firm, which makes luxury appliances from fridges to coffee machines, said that it had “no reason to believe” that customer data had been exposed and said that it was slowly getting the business back online.
In a statement issued on Monday, Smeg said: “Unfortunately Smeg has been the victim of a targeted cyber-attack that resulted in the company making the decision to shut down its systems to protect its infrastructure.
“The National Crime Agency is leading the criminal investigation into the cyber-incident affecting Smeg. These investigations are complex and take time before full details can be established.
“Smeg and the National Crime Agency are pleased to confirm they have no reason to believe customer’s personal or financial information has been compromised. All customers, however, should continue to remain vigilant.
“Any suspicious activity should be reported to Action Fraud via www.actionfraud.police.uk.”
It said its business continuity plan was now in “full swing” and planned to recommence some deliveries from Monday onwards.
Smeg added: “We kindly ask for your patience while we continue our business continuity plan to recover fully.”
Smeg UK was established in 1989 and has two showrooms – one at its HQ in Abingdon, Oxfordshire, and one in central London, which it opened last year.
Smeg chief executive Vittorio Bertazzoni gave ERT editor Sean Hannam an exclusive tour a day before the official opening.